Hello everyone, today I want to talk about Highschool of The Dead Season 2, for those who are not well informed about what happened and that we can wait in the future, let’s start with the most important thing.
What is Highschool of the Dead?
Highschool of the Dead or in other languages known as (学園 黙 示 録) is a manga written by Daisuke Sato and illustrated by Shōji Sato, published in Monthly Dragon Age by publisher Fujimi Shobo since September 2006. The manga was frozen between the end of 2008 and March 2010, and between May and July 2010. An anime adaptation produced Madhouse aired in Japan on July 5, 2010 on the cable television channel AT-X with a total of 12 episodes. On April 27, 2011, an OVA with volume No. 7 of the manga, limited edition entitled Drifters of the Dead.
Who was Daisuke Satō?
Daisuke Satō (佐藤 大 輔 Satō Daisuke). His life span was: April 3, 1964 – March 22, 2017. He was a Japanese board game designer, novelist and manga writer. He was known for his alternate history novels Seito (Japan divided as Korea) and Red Sun Black Cross (Japan fights against Germany), among others. He wrote the story of his manga Imperial Guards (with illustrator Yū Itō) and Highschool of the Dead (with illustrator Shōji Satō) or even board games like Escort Fleet, Return to Europe or War in Vietnam. Imperial Guards was nominated for the first Taishō Manga in 2008. He died on March 22, 2017 from ischemic heart disease.
What can you expect after incident regarding Highschool of The Dead?
High School of the Dead was originally written by Daisuke Satō and illustrated by Shoji Satō who were brothers however this season’s production seemed to be on the part of an anime industry in the United States because the Japanese authorities had been apathetic in the creation of stories with the plot of “zombie apocalypse”
Some reports mentioned that the anime was already in production; however many details, such as the release date, still remained a mystery, but it was speculated that it will be released at the end of 2016. Which did not happen. “Japan’s Madhouse Studio”, producers of the first season had not commented on it, however, if there was news of its cancellation or launch, we should hear from them. For now we could only wait … Patiently … The rumor of the High School Of The Dead Season 2 began with a two-minute trailer that was launched on the internet, we know that at this point many of you have already lost hope, but this could renew the spark.
It is said that the Satō brothers had differences regarding this issue, so nothing was known and everything mentioned above came out as it was said that they were already solving their problems and were taking action in the second season. But now with the death of Daisuke who is the writer, nobody knows that waiting for many people takes for granted that the High School Of The Dead Season 2 will not come out any more, but there is still no news about this after Daisuke’s death, we just have to wait asking the same questions and again. The rumors of his death were true? What will happen after his death?
After the death of Daisuke Soto, creator of Highschool of the Dead, what can we expect from the anime? Will we ever see the long-awaited High School Of The Dead season 2?
Where do we stay?
High school of the Dead follows the story of a group of students trapped in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. In addition to having to survive this horde of undead, the characters also try to adapt to the collapse of society around them, fighting other dangerous survivors and trying to maintain their morale.
The anime is an adaptation of 12 episodes of the first 4 volumes of the manga of the same name. Produced by Madhouse, it aired in Japan between July 5 and September 20, 2010. After 8 years, fans are still looking forward to the High School of the Dead season 2 of the series.
Can we wait for the end of the story?
The release of High School of the Dead season 2 has been speculated several times, but always without official confirmation. However, there has never been an official cancellation by the studios, which has kept the fans hoping for all this time.
At the time, the original creators did not move forward with the massive earthquake that created destruction in Japan in 2011. They found it inappropriate to demonstrate so much death after the disaster. However, several foreign studios have shown interest in acquiring the rights to produce a new season due to the large number of fans, but so far, no agreement has been reached.
One of the obstacles is that the 7-volume manga has been incomplete. Unfortunately, writer Daisuke Sato died of heart disease, never returning to the project. However, this would not be the first case in which an anime followed its own story, leaving the manga incomplete.
Rumors have recently surfaced that Madhouse may even release season two with material from the remaining three volumes and some original content as a tribute to the deceased author. However, for now, there is no confirmation, just the hope of the fans.