Moving home can be a very stressful time but with some careful planning and using the services of a Bristol Removals Company such as http://www.imoveremovals.co.uk/ you can make sure that moving day runs as smoothly as possible.
There are some items that you want to make sure that you have ready for packing including plenty of boxes of varying sizes, parcel tape and labels and marker pens. Here are a few tips to help you:
- Start packing some items away as soon as you can. It is thought that if you pack one box away each day an average household will tale around two months to pack up.
- Less used products – it is best to start with the rooms and items that you don’t uses often or don’t need at all. This may include Christmas decorations, gardening tools etc. The items that you start to pack away will depend very much on your daily activities as well as the time of year that you are moving.
- When packing your items, you should ensure that you try to keep similar pieces together for example when packing away your bedding place each rooms item in a box of its own. That way you can unpack the boxes in a logical way when you arrive at your new property. Make sure that you label your boxes well to help the removal company know where each box is to be unloaded.
- Moving can be a great time to declutter and sort through the things that you might not want or need to keep. A good rule of thumb for any clear out is if you haven’t used an item in the last 6 months (other than seasonal or sentimental items) you may want to either discard it or donate it to charity. Decluttering before you pack and move means that you can start your life in your new home on a great start.
- It is important to make sure that you don’t overpack your boxes and a good rule of thumb is to try and keep the overall weight at 30 pounds or less. This will help to prevent you from developing a back injury as well as helping to make sure that the integrity of boxes stays intact.
- When stacking your boxes ready for moving day you should make sure that you place the heaviest boxes on the bottom to prevent the lower boxes from being squashed and the items inside becoming damaged.