Heartburn, also known as heartburn, is an annoying burning sensation that begins right in the lower part of the chest and can extend into the throat.
In almost all cases, this discomfort occurs when gastric acids move up the sphincter that separates the stomach from the esophagus, because it has not closed completely or because there is some pressure in the stomach.
Symptoms usually include a sour or bitter taste in the throat and a burning sensation in the chest.
Among the factors that trigger this problem are:
- The consumption of too abundant and copious meals
- Being overweight
- Be pregnant
However, when it becomes recurrent (4 or more times per week) it is important to see the doctor because it could be a sign of a major illness.
The treatment of heartburn usually includes antacids and other pharmacological medications that calm your symptoms; however, its excessive use is not advised because it could produce side effects.
For this reason, today we are going to share good natural remedies to cope with this condition in a healthier way.
As the first measure against acidity, drink a glass of water. This liquid will help dilute the acid and facilitate its return to the stomach.
2. Baking soda
This white powder that can be found almost in any market is famous for having alkaline properties that help neutralize the acidity of the stomach and the body in general.
You may continue reading: How to naturally eliminate your varicose veins?
- One teaspoon of baking soda (4.6 g)
- A glass of water (200 ml)
- Dilute the teaspoon of baking soda in the glass of water and drink it slowly to eliminate this problem.
3. Potato juice
The active compounds of the potato also help to neutralize stomach acids and regulate the production of gastric juices to combat heartburn and problems such as gastritis.
- Take a spoonful of potato juice, dilute it with water and take it after eating a very heavy meal.
Ginger is a spice valued since antiquity for its multiple digestive properties.
In the case of heartburn, it is effective because of its slight alkaline effect that regulates the pH in the stomach to control acidic compounds.
- One teaspoon of ginger root (3 g)
- One cup of water (250 ml)
- Heat the water and, when it reaches a boil, add the teaspoon of ginger root.
- Let the decoction take place for 10 minutes, strain the contents and consume.
5. Infusion of anise
Anise has proven to be a good home remedy to reduce heartburn and all its symptoms; however, it must be taken with caution since some people are allergic to their active compounds.
- 2 teaspoons of anise (6 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Put to heat the water and, when it reaches a boil, add two teaspoons of anise. Heat for 10 minutes, let it rest another 10 and drink it.
6. Apple cider vinegar
Although this ingredient contains acids, when it reaches the body it has an alkaline effect that can reduce acidity.
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (15 ml)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- Simply dilute a spoonful of the product in a glass of water and take it immediately after eating a copious meal.
7. Aloe vera juice
To have an aloe vera plant at home is to have at all times one of the best natural remedies to treat different diseases.
In this case, its gel acts as a stomach tonic, ideal for regulating acidity and improving the digestion of food.
Extract two tablespoons of 100% organic gel and add it to your smoothies or take it in its natural state.
It contains a digestive enzyme known as papain, which intervenes in different digestive processes and helps reduce burning.
It is recommended to combat common discomforts such as constipation, indigestion, and gastritis.
Eat a piece of papaya in its natural state or take it in juices or smoothies.
This sweet and delicious fruit has a pH of 5.6, which makes it a good remedy to calm the symptoms of heartburn; however, in some people, it does not fall well.
If you want to try it, eat a small piece of banana before any sign of burning.
An infusion of cinnamon can do wonders to improve digestion and combat discomfort such as inflammation, acidity, and gas.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (3 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Put the water to boil and add a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes and take it.
You can also enhance its effects by mixing it with a little honey.
The tropical fruit famous for its diuretic action also contains digestive enzymes (bromelain) that keep the stomach free of inflammation, gas, and burning.
You can consume it in its natural state or incorporate it into juices or smoothies.
We also invited you to read this article: http://healthyflat.com/how-to-get-rid-of-boils/